Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

New South Wales Police launch serious case investigation after woman’s body found more than 20 hours after triple zero call

The investigation into the serious incident will look at the time it took more than 20 hours from the time a distress call was made until police found the body of a dead woman in southwest Sydney.

The body of a 34-year-old woman was found around 8pm on Saturday in a room in a large apartment complex on Norfolk Road in Liverpool.

This incident was first reported to the police on suspicion that the woman had been assaulted by another person (triple 0) who had demanded money in the facility late at night the previous day.

The woman who called did not leave any details.

Officers arrived at the complex around 3 a.m., said Stuart Smith, assistant commander of the Southwest Metropolitan Area.

He said every database had a different address attached to the number, complicating the task of finding her.

“Police arrived and were given 297 supplies, with no apparent violations,” Smith said.

“It was mentioned in all subsequent shifts, where further investigation took place.”

The woman was found in a room in an apartment complex in Liverpool.()

Police called Triple 0 again from a suspected neighbor and were finally able to pinpoint her location late Saturday.

Police arrested 28-year-old Danny Zayat and subsequently charged him with stalking and threatening for bodily harm (DV), violating AVO prohibitions and restrictions (DV), and vandalism or damage to property (DV). prosecuted.

Smith said the two were in a de facto relationship and that Smith should not have been there. He has not ruled out further charges.

Zayat was denied bail on Sunday and is scheduled to return to Liverpool District Court on Monday.

Smith said police were working hard to determine what happened and that a serious incident investigation would do so.

“I was briefed this morning at about 5:00 a.m. and declared that by 8:40 a.m., a serious case investigation would begin in addition to the ongoing murder investigation,” he said.

“For me, it’s about being satisfied with the response to the triple 0 call.

“The priorities given to a job, the investigations conducted to establish those priorities, the investigations established to find the source of anonymous triple-0 calls, and investigations of police officers are subject to serious incident investigations. becomes.”

An investigation is ongoing under Strike Force Midian, which consists of Liverpool City Detectives and State Crime Command Homicide Squad Detectives.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-28/nsw-police-start-critical-incident-inquiry-after-womans-death/102403568 New South Wales Police launch serious case investigation after woman’s body found more than 20 hours after triple zero call

Related Articles

Back to top button