Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
Sydney

Dogs in the US get sick from eating joints

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said cases were on the rise nationwide. Last year was an 11% increase from about 6,200 reported in 2021, a 300% increase over the past five years.

“For me, it’s incredible how prevalent this is now,” said Attas.

New York City veterinarians are alarmed by the apparent rise in marijuana poisoning among dogs consuming joints and food discarded on the city’s sidewalks. credit: APs

Twenty-one states have legalized the recreational use of cannabis, and in metropolitan areas like New York, the smell of cannabis is unavoidable in public.

Often owners don’t realize they’ve eaten the leftover joints until the dog begins to show signs of toxicity. Still, owners may not understand what causes their pet’s illness.

Sue Scott was in a panic when her eight-month-old fawn pug, Circe, collapsed after a recent walk. .

“A myriad of things ran through my head,” said the 68-year-old Scott. Marijuana addiction was not among them. “I would never have thought of that,” she said.

A customer checks out products for sale at a travel agency in Union Square, New York.

A customer checks out products for sale at a travel agency in Union Square, New York.credit: bloomberg

Scott made a video call to Dr. Attas, who said Circe was showing all the signs of being high. She now has Circe on a shorter leash, being careful where she pokes her nose.

“I don’t know if you know Pugs, they’re always looking for the next bite,” said Scott, who owns four other Pugs. “But they are so fast that they can be quite difficult to control. They just lunge at something.

Dogs rarely die from marijuana poisoning, but treatment can be expensive and may require a trip to the vet, stomach pumps, and intravenous fluids.

Loading

The stress on patients and their owners is also enormous.

Briggs said Bondi was poisoned three times last year for the first time.

Briggs became more careful walking the puppies, but admitted that it must have been a distraction the second time Bondi got sick. That’s when she let Bondy ride out his high.

“Walking him…it’s a really intense situation. So I’m always looking at the ground and it’s everywhere now,” she said of the worn out joints she and Bondi come across on walks.

“One time I caught him and grabbed it out of his mouth.”

APs

Get notes directly from our expats correspondent About what is making headlines around the world. Sign up for our weekly What in the World newsletter here.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/joint-effort-vets-try-to-stop-new-york-city-s-dogs-getting-stoned-20230502-p5d518.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_world Dogs in the US get sick from eating joints

Related Articles

Back to top button
slot gacor situs slot https://disdukcapil.salatiga.go.id/ngacor/ slot gacor totomacau4d situs toto situs toto situs toto slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor rtp slot toto slot https://journal.dpkp.ciamiskab.go.id/ rtp slot rtp live slot gacor situs toto slot gacor situs toto situs toto togel https://faculdadediplomata.edu.br/-/ https://www.pilgrimagetour.in/-/ slot gacor situs toto slot gacor slot gacor rtp slot https://ejournal.yahukimokab.go.id/ https://mikrotik.itpln.ac.id/wp-content/uploads/ situs toto slot gacor slot gacor situs toto slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor slot gacor situs toto toto slot bento4d bento4d bento4d bento4d bento4d https://smkn2depoksleman.sch.id/data/ https://www.smkn3banyumas.sch.id/-/ http://segalayangpop.id/-/ https://cpnsbatola.id/-/ https://www.urc.co.id/-/ slot777 situs togel bento4d bento4d slot777 bento4d situs togel resmi