Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Almond milk sold at Woolworths supermarket recalled for botulism

A popular brand of almond milk has been urgently recalled after being linked to a severe case of paralysis.

Inside Out almond milk sold at Woolworths stores in New South Wales was removed from shelves this week.

Food Standards Australia and New Zealand issued a recall due to the risk of biotoxin contamination (botulinum toxin).

It follows a person hospitalized in NSW after exhibiting ‘severe symptoms’ of botulism.

Botulism is a rare but fatal disease caused by toxins that attack nerves in the body.

A study by NSW Health found trace amounts of botulinum toxin in milk samples.

“The NSW Food Authority is investigating the production of the product to identify possible sources of contamination,” said a NSW Health statement.

camera iconInside Out Almond Milk (Collagen + Calcium + Prebiotics) 1 L has been recalled.attached credit: NCA Newswire
This product is sold at Woolworths stores in NSW. NCA NewsWire / Sarah Marshall
camera iconThis product is sold at Woolworths stores in NSW. NCA NewsWire / Sarah Marshall credit: News Corp Australia

The recall applies only to products sold in NSW stores and has an expiration date of March 1, 2023.

“Consumers should not [consume] This product” warning is displayed.

“Consumers with health concerns should seek medical attention and return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.”

NSW Health is asking people to check the products in their refrigerators and cupboards.

“Foodborne botulism is very rare in Australia, but the toxin is extremely dangerous and can cause life-threatening illness,” said Keira Glasgow, NSW Health One Health Chapter Director. .

Early symptoms can last hours or days, including weakness, fatigue, and dizziness.

This is usually followed by blurred vision, dry mouth, and difficulty swallowing.

Nausea and vomiting may also occur.

“These symptoms progress to paralysis of the muscles in the arms, extending to the trunk and legs, and paralysis of the respiratory muscles can be fatal,” Glasgow said.

“Anyone who has consumed this product and experiences these serious symptoms should seek immediate medical attention by visiting the nearest emergency department or calling Triple 0 (000) for emergency assistance. I urge you to accept it.”

Most cases of foodborne botulism recover if diagnosed and treated early.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/almond-milk-sold-at-woolworths-supermarkets-recalled-due-to-case-botulism-case-c-9772290 Almond milk sold at Woolworths supermarket recalled for botulism

Related Articles

Back to top button