Trade unions have emphasized that Australians who have lost their jobs are having difficulty accessing federal financial support.
Those who lose their jobs at federal hotspots have access to COVID-19 disaster payments Use Service australia If the blockage exceeds 7 days.
Approximately half of Australia’s total population is currently blocked due to the prevalence of Delta COVID-19 variants and causing havoc.
The Australian Council of Trade Unions states that hundreds of people have personally expressed concern about the challenges of trying to obtain COVID-19 disaster payments.
ACTU Executive Secretary Sally McManus said frustration is causing a high level of stress on many Australians trying to access support.
“We’re talking about hundreds of thousands of people who are incredibly stressed by the lack of money trying to do what they need to put that money into their bank account,” she said. Told to.
“Everyone who gets stuck or loses a job is struggling to get help, which causes delays, anxiety and stress,” he said.
Many people who do not have access to payments have used social media to express their frustration.
Services Australia states that it has received up to 136,000 claims for COVID-19 disaster payments in the last two days.
Approximately 518,000 claims from New South Wales people have been granted, including less than 70,000 on Wednesday.
“Our staff and systems do a very powerful job of handling requests from people in need of our help, and payments are made primarily by the next day, and in some cases within 40 minutes. We will, “said Hank Jonggen, General Manager of Services Australia.
Jongen said that about 93% of the 518,000 claims from NSW were made online via myGov, and said this was the fastest and easiest way to claim.
“Our phone service will continue to be available to support those who cannot bill online. Demand is increasing, but call latency for this payment has improved to about 20 minutes in a week.” He said.
“Online billing continues to flow freely through myGov, and customers do not need to visit the service center to claim this payment.”
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Thursday that Service Australia has “made great strides” in handling claims.
“I want to thank all the people in Service Australia for the work they are doing,” he told reporters in Canberra.
People affected by the blockade of Greater Sydney are now COVID-19 Disaster payment.
Claims will be filed against affected individuals in Victoria on July 23 and in South Australia on July 27.
Those who lose more than 20 hours a week during the blockage can apply for a payment of up to $ 600, and those who lose between 8 and 20 hours can apply for a lower $ 300 payment.
Not accessible to those with existing income support such as Job Seeker or Youth Allowance COVID-19 disaster payment,When The federal government rejected the call to expand eligibility earlier this month.
The increased burden on Centrelink services also has a spillover effect on people who normally rely on the system.
Tracy, who asked to withhold her surname, has been blocked in Melbourne, where she is trying to solve her son’s identification requirements with a disability support pension.
She said she couldn’t reach Centrelink by phone after many attempts.
“I can’t get through at all. I tried from 9am to 5pm, but I can’t get any humans,” she told SBS News.
“They basically say they’re flooded with calls. Call back later. I’m not stressed,” he said.
Unions concerned that Australians are struggling to access payments for COVID-19 support
Source link Unions concerned that Australians are struggling to access payments for COVID-19 support