Health Minister Brad Hazard said the man flew from Doha to Sydney on Thursday on QR908. This is the same stool as the female on the Central Coast, which was the fifth case.
NSW recorded 251 new cases of COVID-19 from 24 hours to 8 pm last night. After yesterday’s update, the total number of confirmed cases of the Omicron COVID-19 mutant of concern remains five. pic.twitter.com/epQC0JBZBY
Men from Cabramatta in southwestern Sydney circulate in the community, with a list of health exposures in New South Wales later Wednesday.
“The reason he was tested is because he has symptoms, but at this point I understand they are mild symptoms,” Hazard told reporters.
“He’s on the go. My warning to the community is to monitor what’s happening today in terms of advice from Health (NSW).
“If you were in the same place at the relevant time, go and take the test,” he said.
Once confirmed, the new infection brings the total number of confirmed cases of Omicron in New South Wales to six.
Mr Hazard said the government was not considering another blockade.
“As someone who has brought that news and bad news to the community on many occasions, I feel it’s time to change my approach,” he said.
“I don’t know how many more variants of this virus will come.
“The challenge for us as a government and for other governments is … to strike a different balance than we had in the past.”
When the State Cabinet met on Tuesday, the federal, Victoria, and New South Wales governments agreed that they “did not want to return to the blockade.”
With the advent of new variants, Hazard said, the number of people getting booster shots has increased by 40%.
A fully vaccinated woman in her thirties became the fifth confirmed case of Omicron in the state on Tuesday., And unlike the two cases identified in each of the last two days, she visited many venues last Friday and Saturday.
The woman has been quarantined at her home on the Central Coast and arrived before the new forced quarantine came into effect, so no fines will be imposed.
On Saturday, Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt announced that people arriving from South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini and Malawi would have to enter the hotel quarantine for two weeks.
The other four genomically identified by NSW Health have special health conditions for the Omicron variant.
The other two women’s Thursday flights from Doha have also been positive since then, neither of which was in southern Africa.
On Wednesday, penalties for breaching quarantine, testing, and quarantine requirements increased from $ 1,000 to $ 5,000 for individuals and doubled from $ 5,000 to $ 10,000 for companies.
NSW requires that all international arrivals be tested and quarantined at the designated address or accommodation for 72 hours.
NSW has recorded 251 news cases for COVID-19 and no deaths. 85,403 tests were conducted in 24 hours until Tuesday.
About 94.6% of people over the age of 16 have been vaccinated once and 92.5% have been fully vaccinated.
More than 81% of teens aged 12 to 15 years are vaccinated once, and 76.7% are vaccinated with both.
Travelers arriving in Sydney from Nigeria are likely to have a variant of Omicron
Source link Travelers arriving in Sydney from Nigeria are likely to have a variant of Omicron