Health

Men get “carnivorous bacteria” after using roommate razor

He tried to get a smooth chin — and got something else.

A Californian man redefined a “razor rash” after a misplaced shaver attacked his face with carnivorous bacteria. His ugly blunder was first revealed in April through a series of viral TikTok videos, but the poor soul has never told the full story.

“There were these deep pustules and sores along the chin and chin lines,” 24-year-old Nick Holterman told Jampress about the infection.

A few days later, a native in Los Angeles began to suffer from a “really terrible upper respiratory tract infection,” but his jaw broke out with a ridge that resembled a “spider bite.”

Holterman immediately met his general practitioner in a hurry. He prescribed him a round of antibiotics. Unfortunately, the drug was ineffective, the personal assistant’s condition began to worsen, and the bumps lasted for weeks.

media_cameraNick Holterman suffered a serious bacterial infection after misusing his roommate’s razor.

The embarrassed beard trimmer made a second trip to the doctor when his pain “swelled”. Doctors tested him for everything from Covid to streptococcal pharyngitis. The result returned negative and the practitioner diagnosed him as impetigo. This is a highly contagious skin infection, “caused by one of the antibiotic-resistant staphylococci. [bacteria infection] Or antibiotic-resistant streptococci, “Holtermann told Jampress.

Although not generally dangerous, according to the Mayo Clinic, impetigo can cause kidney damage and cellulitis, which can be life-threatening if left untreated.

Holterman was then prescribed a combination of the two antibiotics, Bactrim, which wiped out the infection, despite making him very nauseous.

“I felt like I was going to vomit constantly for a week because my body’s natural bacteria and gut flora were destroyed by three different antibiotics,” said Holtermann, a true microbe. Told. “I had to eat a lot of yogurt to get those probiotics back.”

Since then, people from Los Angeles have warned others not to make the same mistakes as he does.
media_cameraSince then, people from Los Angeles have warned others not to make the same mistakes as he does.
Holterman's condition was revealed in April through a series of viral TikTok videos.
media_cameraHolterman’s condition was revealed in April through a series of viral TikTok videos.

Despite having almost lost his face, the besieged shaver does not blame his roommate for a cosmetic catastrophe.

“I can’t really remember if the razor was actually dirty, or if it was clean and the flora on my roommate’s skin was completely different from mine,” Holterman said. “But I never slander his character that way, so I just say the razor was dirty.”

He posted Tik Tok PSA in April, warning others not to make the same mistake.

“I just want to remind someone not to share a razor or use a random person’s razor. You can get antibiotic-resistant carnivorous bacteria. This is very painful. , Always oozes pus, “Halterman warned in a video currently played about 10 million times on TikTok.

A survivor of a shaving accident with a clip wrapped in a chin bandage added, “Antibiotics cause constipation for two weeks and die if they don’t work.”

Holterman uploaded his attention story in response to another Tik Toker who explained shaving her best friend’s hell area with a fraternity man’s razor to prepare for a handkerchief.

— New York Post

Originally released Horror results using roommate razor

Men get “carnivorous bacteria” after using roommate razor

Source link Men get “carnivorous bacteria” after using roommate razor

Related Articles

Back to top button