As the state’s Covid-19 outbreak intensifies, dozens of new venues have been added to Victoria’s growing site exposure list.
Gyms, cinemas and Coles supermarkets in the Victorian area are among the 90 new sites added by the Ministry of Health over the weekend, and Melbourne has two child care centers.
There are more than 580 exposed sites throughout the state, with 1377 new infections recorded on Monday.
However, Victorians can expect some freedom to return at the end of this month as the state is rushing towards vaccination goals.
As of Monday morning, at least 82% of eligible Victorians were vaccinated once with the Covid-19 vaccine and 52.1% were fully vaccinated.
When Victoria reaches a double dose rate of 70-80%, the government will begin to lift restrictions.
Victorians are required to be tested for Covid-19 if they have been to an exposed site to limit the spread of the virus to people who have not yet been vaccinated.
Over the weekend, a number of Tier 1 sites appeared on the Ministry of Health website.
Those who have been to the following sites in Victoria are urged to take the test immediately and quarantine for 14 days.
- Morwell: Village Cinemas Mowell. Screening of “Legend of Xiangqi and Tenling” at Cinema 5 from 7 pm to 10:30 pm on September 26th. Tier 1.
- Shepparton: MFS 24/7 Gym, 93 Benara Road from 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm on September 27, 28 and 29. Tier 1.
- Morwell: Pet Domain Mowell Shop 103, Mid Valley Shopping Center, September 28th, 12pm-2pm. Tier 1.
- Wangaratta: Country Buddy’s One Galatta, Mason Street 1 from 6:30 am to 5 pm on September 29th. Tier 1.
- Bakery Hill: Coles, 73 Victoria Street September 28, 12:10 pm to 12:55 pm and September 30, 10:30 am to 11:55 am. Tier 2.
- Bakery Hill: Bakers Delight, shopping on 6/73 Victoria Street between 11:30 am and 12:15 pm on September 30th. Tier 2.
Childcare has emerged as an area of interest in Melbourne, with two early learning centers listed as Covid-19 hotspots.
Despite the blockade, childcare remains open for the children of essential workers.
Those who have been to the following venues should be tested immediately and quarantined for 14 days.
- Fitzroy North: Froebel Fitzroy North Early Learning Center, 138 Barkly Street from 8am to 4pm on September 27th. Tier 1.
- Cranbone: Clarendon Street Community Child Care Center, 43A Clarendon Street from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm on September 27th. Tier 1.
A complete list of exposed sites Ministry of Health website..
As of Sunday, 476 people across Victoria were being treated for coronavirus in hospitals, 98 of whom were in the ICU and 57 were on ventilator.
There are 12,711 active cases in the state.
Health officials add 90 new sites to Victoria’s list of Covid-19 exposure sites
Source link Health officials add 90 new sites to Victoria’s list of Covid-19 exposure sites