South AfricaMinistry of Foreign Affairs of the United Kingdom South Africa “It looks like we’re in a hurry,” Reuters reports, as a new Covid-19 variant was discovered because even the World Health Organization hasn’t yet advised on the next steps.
“Our immediate concern is the damage this decision will bring to both the tourism industry and businesses in both countries,” Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor said in a statement, with South Africa working with UK authorities to make the decision. He added that he would try to reconsider. ..
Singapore To limit arrivals from South Africa and neighboring countries and eliminate new Covid-19 variants, the Ministry of Health said: statement On Friday.
Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, And Zimbabwe will be denied entry or passage into Singapore, it said.
Additional border restrictions apply for four weeks, after which the ministry will review and extend the restrictions as necessary.
Welcome to Global Covid Live Coverage.
I’m Samantha Rock. I am with you to report on all of the coronaviruses.
Indian Health officials on Friday alerted the state and called for a “rigorous screening and testing” of travelers arriving from. South AfricaTrack and test Botswana and Hong Kong, and their contacts.
Health Minister Rajesh Boushan urged all states to promptly send samples from Covid-positive travelers to the genome sequencing lab for testing.
China We continue to pursue a strict Covid-zero policy in the light of the three new cases detected in Shanghai.
Hundreds of flights canceled AFP reports while some schools have been closed and tour groups have been suspended. Six hospitals in Shanghai have also stopped outpatient services.
- Germany According to data released by the Robert Koch Institute, an additional 76,414 Covid cases and 357 deaths have been reported.
- NS Netherlands We plan to strengthen the partial blockade today to curb the surge in Covid cases. Prime Minister Mark Rutte will announce new anti-covid measures, including closing bars, restaurants and non-essential stores. Police are preparing for new riots that may oppose the restrictions.
- Portugal According to Reuters, Covid vaccination certificates for public spaces such as bars, hotels, restaurants and gyms will be brought back and face masks will be mandatory indoors.
- China After dinner with a friend, six Covid-19 outbreaks occurred in three cities in one day, all of Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou were reported to be infected in the east. The cause of the new outbreak is still being tracked, South China Morning Post Report.
- Hong Kong When Chinese Authorities said Thursday’s meeting brought them closer to partially reopening the border between them. The Hong Kong government said, “We have made good progress at the meeting on the phased and orderly consideration of resuming a quarantine-free trip between the mainland and Hong Kong.”
- Australian The border is set to Remain open to South Africa Despite the advent of new Covid variants. Australian health minister Greg Hunt said authorities are assessing the threat posed by tensions and have not yet introduced restrictions on arrivals from southern Africa.
- South Korea According to Yonhap News Agency, health officials said the foetation died of Covid-19 in the first case in the country. According to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), a 24-week pregnant woman gave birth to a dead baby on Monday, four days after it was confirmed to be infected with Covid-19.
- India According to the Ministry of Health, daily Covid cases increased by 10,549 and deaths increased by 488.
- France He plans to give Covid booster shots to all adults, but says he chose to oppose further blockades or curfew to help fight the rise in infectious diseases in the country.
- Ministers are urging millions of people Britons To get them Covid Booster Jab By December 11thVery high protection against Covid by Christmas day “ As new evidence shows, the risk of infection increases with time from the second dose.
- coronavirus The case is Continue to rise In England, 47,240 new cases were recorded and an additional 147 died. Yesterday there were 43,676 new cases and 149 deaths.
- Brazil According to data released by the State Department of Health, 303 Covid deaths and 12,126 additional cases were enrolled on Thursday.
- Facebook, Instagram When Ticktaku Announcing new features to encourage people to become infected with the coronavirus Booster jab. Starting Friday, users will be able to update their profile with frames or stickers to indicate they have a top-up jab or aim for a time to qualify.
Covid News Live: New variants set more stringent restrictions in India and Singapore prior to WHO conference | World News
Source link Covid News Live: New variants set more stringent restrictions in India and Singapore prior to WHO conference | World News