Sydney

Coronavirus Crisis: Western Australia Remains Open to Victoria Despite Four New Virus Outbreaks in Melbourne

Despite recordings in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, the trip between Western Australia and Victoria remains open for now Four new cases of COVID-19 today..

However, recent returnees visiting the exposed area should be immediately inspected and quarantined for 14 days from the date of potential exposure.

WA Health released its latest advice this afternoon after Victorian health officials confirmed that two families in two previous positive cases tested positive for COVID-19.

Dr. Paul Armstrong, Deputy Chief Health Officer, said that anyone who recently returned from Victoria to Washington and visited the listed exposure sites would need to be inspected and quarantined for 14 days.

“All other travelers from Victoria after May 6, 2021 should be vigilant,” he said.

“If you have symptoms, take a test and quarantine until you get a negative result.”

The response is similar to that issued after the Mystery NSW incident earlier this month.

Dr. Armstrong said VicHealth is in the process of contacting the case and will be notified if close or accidental contact is found in Western Australia for follow-up by the public health team.

“We will continue to monitor the situation in Victoria very carefully and issue up-to-date health advice as needed,” he said.

“Remember that if you are eligible for vaccination, you need to take advantage of the opportunity as soon as possible.”

WA Health continues to encourage people with symptoms such as fever, headache, cough, sore throat, and runny nose to be tested for COVID-19 and quarantined until negative results are obtained.

Coronavirus Crisis: Western Australia Remains Open to Victoria Despite Four New Virus Outbreaks in Melbourne

Source link Coronavirus Crisis: Western Australia Remains Open to Victoria Despite Four New Virus Outbreaks in Melbourne

Related Articles

Back to top button